For over 18 years old :
• 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco
• 1l of alcohol
• Gifts of a value not exceeding EC $270.00
• Counterfeit items
• Uncertified foodstuff
• Matches which contain white or yellow phosphorus.
• Narcotics, pipes and other similar items that facilitate use of drugs.
• Airguns and other similar firing devices.
• Condoms manufactured by MONKOK LATIX of South Korea.
• Knives and other dangerous blades.
• Shaving brushes made in or exported from Japan.
• Any items used for Black Magic, Occultism, Witchcraft or similar.
• Endangered species and any products thereof as outline by CITES.
• Firearms - an application needs to be made to the Commissioner of Police in Saint Lucia. The process of issuance a permission may take anywhere between one to six weeks.
• The traveller is expected to provide the Commissioner with:
- Criminal Record Form
- 2 passport sized photos
- Medical certificate.
• Pets - the animal needs to be electronically identifiable, have a valid good health certificate, rabies inoculation. The animal need to pass blood test for other various infections and diseases. An Import Permit needs to be obtained prior travelling. Failure to comply with rules will result in destruction of the animal. For more detailed information please Contact Ministry Of Agriculture, Forestry And Fisheries- Veterinary And Livestock Services Division.
• Departure Tax is payable for all passengers over 12 years and should be included in the ticket price.
• No limits on currency whether local or foreign
• Counterfeit items
• Matches which contain white or yellow phosphorus
• Narcotics, pipes and other similar items that facilitate use of drugs
• Airguns and other similar firing devices
• Condoms manufactured by MONKOK LATIX of South Korea
• Knives and other dangerous blades
• Shaving brushes made in or exported from Japan
• Any items used for Black Magic, Occultism, Witchcraft or similar
• Ginger and dry coconuts only when accompanied by the license from the Ministry of Agriculture.
• Any representation of Arms or the Flag of St. Lucia on goods must have approval of the Prime Minister's Office.
• Foreign currency exceeding the prescribed amount unaccompanied by exchange control permission.
• Goods the exportation of which is regulated by any other enactment except in accordance with such enactment.
Basic health information for travelers to Saint Lucia
• Medical treatment can be very expensive and serious cases are transferred overseas (usually to Miami or Martinique) incurring air ambulance costs.
• All travellers should seek medical advice before travelling to the country and ensure that all appropriate vaccinations are up to date.
Basic security information for travelers to Saint Lucia
• The general precaution is required; however there is no outstanding threat.
For further assistance please contact the Saint Lucian Customs authorities directly. They will provide the latest information about customs regulations and export-import procedures.
Saint Lucian Customs contact information
For additional information about travel restrictions, security warnings, political updates, and basic travel guidelines, please contact the nearest Saint Lucian Embassy.
List of Saint Lucian Embassies all over the world: http://saint-lucia.visahq.co.uk/embassy/United-Kingdom/
If you have any information about the custom requirements of Saint Lucia that could be helpful to others, please use this form to post your comments. Any details related to the customs procedures, regulations, or any other specifics about the customs requirements of Saint Lucia that will help other people will be greatly appreciated.